VirgilHR, Inc. Website Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy
Effective Date: December 6, 2021
Last Updated/Reviewed On: December 11, 2021
VirgilHR, Inc. (“VirgilHR” or “us” or “we” or “our”) takes your privacy seriously, is sensitive to the potential concerns about how we use the personal information we may collect from you and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy (“Notice”).
This Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.virgilhr.com, our software, including its component applications and dashboard (“Solutions” or “Apps”) (collectively, with www.virgilhr.com, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice applies to information we may collect when you:
- Directly provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Request services, support, or information.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Place orders for products or services.
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotional activities.
- Share VirgilHR content through social media.
- Subscribe to newsletters, download white papers, or other materials.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Notice.
- Contact us.
This Notice does not apply to affiliate websites that have published their own privacy policies. This Notice also does not apply to the websites of our business partners or to any third-parties, even if their websites are linked to VirgilHR’s website. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the other parties with whom you interact.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
Information We May Collect About You
Like most websites, we may use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Website to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of the Website, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This may include information about your operating system, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Website.
We may collect this information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions when you first visit our Website and/or by changing these preferences at a later time, or by following the directions provided in your internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Website, but you may not be able to use some areas of the Website and/or other services provided on the Website.
The categories of cookies used on this Website are as follows:
- Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of a website. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preferences cookies: Preferences cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way a website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistics cookies: Statistic cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
We do not collect Personal Information in this manner, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our service providers.
We do not control these third-parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information.
How We May Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To take steps to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To quickly process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile and/or contact us directly. For more information, see Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of VirgilHR’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by VirgilHR about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We may contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use an “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VirgilHR, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Communication Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register for our services, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism, or by other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us directly. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to our services whenever necessary.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information. You may have rights under privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
- Access to and correction or deletion of your personal information.
- Restriction of our processing of your Personal Information, or to object to our processing.
- Portability of your Personal Information.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website and/or App(s) that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at VirgilHR, Attn: California Privacy Request, 15720 Winners Dr, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or question.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the instructions at the bottom of any one of our emails and/or contact us directly and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
No Services for Minors/Child Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. To use this site, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using this site, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence. We do not use an application or other mechanism to determine the age of users of our website. All information provided to us will be treated as if it was provided by an adult. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete information associated with a minor as soon as practicable if we learn that a minor has submitted information about themselves to us.
If you are a parent or a guardian and you are aware that your child or children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
We use a variety of administrative, physical, and technical security measures to help safeguard your Personal Information.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Notice to check for any changes.
How To Reach Us
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Notice or our processing of your information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (833) 484-7445.